Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Back country riding at it's best.

This part of the state is still very wet and we are expecting more rain today. My riding has taken me to explore new areas looking for some dry riding and was pleasantly surprised by some of the new areas I found. The 60 and 40 miler will probably be changed to take advantage of the nicer terrain and  have further reduced the amount of asphalt on the 60. The swampy miles are almost completely bypassed, but I still have some more riding to do to asses one or two particular sections. Overall I think we will have some great riding on January 11th.
I did remember to take a picture or two...
 This picture was taken in a quite remote area several miles away from roads. As you go along, you hear a lot of big splashes, gators perhaps? Back country Florida at it's best!
This is a picture of a newly rediscovered section that bypasses asphalt, it's hard and fast.
Think about joining SCORR for another great Piggy's Revenge.
It will challenge you and you will see parts of Florida that few ever explore.
Eric